Friday, May 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Pork Chops

Yes, a rather interesting sounding recipe isn't it? When Mom made this for dinner one night, before Matt and I were married and he was over, well...he wasn't sure what to think but, one taste and it's a favorite of his.

Here is the recipe I have from Mom: (below I will post how I make it)

Peanut Butter Pork Chops
4 porkloin chops
1 medium onion cut into slices
1/4 c. peanut butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper


Brown chops quickly both sides. Top each chop with onions. Mix peanut butter with remaining ingredients. Pour over pork chops. Cover and cook over very low heat for about 45 minutes or until tender. Or bake in Oven 1 hour at 350 degrees.


My recipe is very similar I just tweaked it a bit for ease. There are days we really like our slow cooker meals. So...


Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Pork
1-2 lbs pork steak (never dry like chops can sometimes be plus usually a cheap cut)
1 large vidalia onion chopped up
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 and 1/2 "cans" water (use mushroom soup can for measuring)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper


Brown off pork steaks. (Optional- sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.) Place pork steaks in slow cooker. Place chopped onion on top of meat. Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl and then pour over meat/onions in slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours. About an hour or less before we are ready to eat I take the meat out, take it off the bone cut it up and add it back to the gravy in the slow cooker. Makes a wonderful meal served over rice. 


Not professional photographers but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment