Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken

Today we have a man's meal. One of my readers wrote to me expressing his extreme "horror" over my cabbage bake recipe. So, Mr. T (yes, Mr. T reads my blog!...I pity the fool!) to help him and anyone else that was scared of my recipe yesterday I give you...

Oven Fried Chicken
I have readers who are scared of cabbage but I also know I have readers who are scared of RAW chicken. Be afraid of sky-diving and bungee jumping but no need to fear the chicken. It's easy peasy, I'll tell you how!

16 chicken thighs (or thighs/leg mixture) gasp! horrors! but you ARE going to leave the skin on this time. (In moderation it's not that bad for you and sure beats trying to skin the bugger!)

In a LARGE resealable plastic bag mix together:
1 and 1/2 cups flour (you will have left over but I get frustrated when I don't have enough coating mixture so I over do it a bit here)
2 tsp. paprika (essential. don't skip this.)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

This amount of chicken fills 2 (9x13) pans. So to get your pans ready, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put 1/4 cup butter (that is half of a stick) into the pans and place your pans in the oven to allow the butter to melt. Once melted remove from the oven. Now you are ready for the chicken!

Keeping one "clean" hand and one "raw chicken" hand~ Add the thighs to the bag one at a time and shake to coat with the flour mixture.

Place skin side down in melted butter. Once all chicken is coated and placed in pans ~ Bake for 30 minutes. Then turn the chicken pieces over and bake another 30 minutes...perfection!
This recipe does make enough for a crowd (or several leftovers) it can easily be cut in half.

This is soooo good and the gross factor of raw chicken is pretty minimal. Remember to wash up good with hot soapy water! My dad says this is "better than Aunt Lizzie's fried chicken" and that's really sayin' something. Making it in the oven you really avoid the mess of fried chicken on a stove top.

In fact, this is so good if my family and I are starting to look a little chunky-lumpy to you this would ah, be the reason why! :-) 


For a printable recipe click here and scroll to bottom of page to "print page".

No comments:

Post a Comment