Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easy Homemade Breadsticks

So remember that 1 cup remaining pizza sauce from yesterday's post? Well, I made these breadsticks today for dipping at lunch time.

I put "homemade" in my post title because when I searched online for an easy breadstick recipe, all the recipes were making breadsticks from bread already done. While that is an idea~ that's not what I was looking for.

Since I couldn't find anything "new" or different online,  I pulled from my recipe box and made these today~

Easy Homemade Bread Sticks
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp. butter

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place 3 tbsp. of butter in 9x13 pan. 
In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients~ gradually add milk and stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently. 
Roll into a 10 inch by 5 inch by about 1/2 inch thick rectangle (or really any shape you want)
Cut into breadsticks. I used a pizza cutter.
Place pan with butter in oven to melt butter. This takes just a minute or two. Remove pan from oven and place breadsticks in the buttered pan~ then flip so both sides have been covered with butter.
Bake 14-18 minutes.
I sprinkled with parmesan cheese today. 




 They have all disappeared! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment