Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Muffin Recipe

This recipe is originally from Grammy Audrey (my mother-in-law) and it is called Pumpkin Dessert Bread. As I don't generally make quick breads, I leave that to the expert~ Grammy Audrey, I always make this recipe as muffins.

For a muffin recipe this is 'da bomb. It always turns out and wherever I have shared these...our home, church, bible studies, field trips, hospital visits etc...they are always well received and disappear. 

They travel well and are not crumbly or messy to eat. I generally make them as mini-muffins for the "pop and go" effect. Quick and easy to mix up and all ingredients are generally on hand.

Pumpkin Muffins
Combine in a large mixing bowl~
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups sugar

Then add in~
2 cups pumpkin {this is the small 14 or 15 oz can)
4 eggs beaten {I like to crack them into my empty pumpkin can and mix with a fork before adding in}
1 cup oil
and I never add but you could add in 1/2 cup nuts or raisins

Stir until ingredients are mixed together. Do not over mix. I use a large wooden spoon or heavy duty spatula, not a mixer. 

Makes approx. 50-60 mini-muffins. Stock up on muffin liners! {about 18 regular size muffins}

Bake 350 degrees 15-20 minutes for mini-muffins.









This is one of my "go to" tools. A cookie scoop. Makes for even and easy muffins!     {thanks sis!}


No one usually begs for food around here~ but these muffins fresh and warm out of the oven~ well, they get begged for! {and of course we have to eat them fresh and warm!}



Enjoy! We always do! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment