Thursday, February 7, 2013
Aussie Chicken Recipe - Honey Mustard Chicken
This chicken dish is soooo good ~ a fan favorite here at Happy Healthy Home. I have tweaked the original so time to write it up. It's a great Costco supper, meaning mostly everything can be purchased at Costco, and since I'm a Costco kinda girl...it works for me!
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tsp. Lawry's season salt
6 slices bacon, cut up (Costco all natural! I use a scissors to quickly snip into pieces)
1/3 cup honey (buy locally)
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup mayonnaise (might increase to 1/2 cup next time)
1 cup fresh mushrooms (cut up small, cause that's how we like 'em)
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
parsley for garnish
Here are the steps~
1. Thaw chicken if needed. Rub or sprinkle season salt on chicken, both sides. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
2. Mix up honey mustard sauce- honey, mustard and mayo. Set aside.
3. In a skillet fry up bacon until crisp, place bacon on a plate.
4. In same skillet, using a bit of bacon drippings, cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side. (brown them off)
5. Assemble your dish-
Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place chicken in pan.
Give each chicken piece a spoonful of honey mustard sauce. (save sauce and heat to serve alongside)
Place mushrooms over chicken, then the bacon pieces.
Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. (at some point you should preheat the oven but I'll let you decide when to do that.)
7. Plate chicken over rice, garnished with parsley, drizzled with sauce.
This dish has several steps but if you break them down it can really be a nice fancy dinner at home. You can fry up the bacon ahead of time or make your sauce in the morning. Most of all enjoy!