Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Raspberry Crumble

For some reason my kiddos make me feel like a hero when I “make up” my own recipe…so lately I’ve been doing that a bit more. This turned out very good and just the taste we wanted. Kind of raspberry pie like and also that good crumbly topping that you might find on an apple crisp.
Crust:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
Melt butter and stir in remaining ingredients. Press into 9x13 pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
The Middle:
approx. 4 cups raspberries
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
Mix together and pour over crust.
The Topping:
2/3-3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
4 tbsp. butter
Mix together, with fingers or a pastry cutter until crumbly. Sprinkle over “the middle”… Bake 375 for 30 minutes.
uhm, if you happen to have any leftovers be sure to refrigerate, the raspberries kind of break down so it stayed fresher in the fridge.
Enjoy topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. :-)















So, that’s my “made up” recipe. It’ll definitely be made here again. These raspberries were out of the freezer but the new crop will soon be here! I also reserve the right to come back and edit this recipe next time I make it. :-)
Happy Healthy Home’s to you all!

1 comment: