Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Morning Muffins

Ohhh these are SO good. I’ve been wanting to try them for awhile and had all the ingredients in the house yesterday. YUM! So K is peeling carrots for me this morning while I type and I’ll be making a double batch today. I’m sure they will freeze well too.
I’m a big fan of making “lots” while I’m in the kitchen and then freezing for a quick breakfast or snack.  I hope you enjoy. Got this recipe off the flour bag…pillsbury or gold medal?? And I’ve triple proofread the recipe so, no worries! :-)



GLORIOUS MORNING MUFFINS 
{click to print}

2 eggs
3/4 C. vegetable oil
1/4 C. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 C. unbleached flour
1 C. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 C. shredded carrots (2-3 med. sized)
1 apple peeled, and chopped up
1/2 C. coconut
1/2 C. raisins (I used the cherry craisins!)
1/2 C. sliced almonds
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper baking cup in 18 regular size muffins cups. Or grease or spray.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk and vanilla with whisk until well blended. Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in carrots, apple, coconut, craisins and almonds.
3. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes.
ENJOY! :-)



1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! My only concern is that I don't *love* coconut- is the taste very strong or is it subtle? I have been looking for a good muffin recipe, so I might have to try these either way. Maybe just start with one batch. ;)

    ReplyDelete