Thursday, July 1, 2010

Meatballs with brown gravy

Made this the other night and we all loved it so since I don’t want to forget what I did…thought I’d blog it. It’s interesting since I’ve been blogging I realize I am a bit of a non-recipe follower and do quite often make up my own thing. I hadn’t really realized that before, I kind of a consider myself a “by the book” kind of girl.

Meatballs With Brown Gravy

Meatballs from the freezer :-) (coming soon!)

1 onion

1 can mushrooms, strain juice but save it

1 box of healthy beef broth (Pacifica? brand??)

Soy sauce

Marsala/red wine

Flour, salt and pepper

So slice up the onion and sauté onion and mushrooms in butter. After these look good add about 1/4 cup flour and toss around the mushrooms and onions until coated with flour.

Slowly add beef broth and give it time to thicken over a med. heat.

Then add soy sauce, marsala wine, (about 1/4 cup each…or go with your gut.)

Salt and pepper it …add the precooked HOMEMADE meatballs from the freezer and let it simmer for a half hour or so.

Serve over pasta or anything your little heart desires.

:-)

1 comment: