Monday, August 30, 2010

Homemade Laundry Soap ~ Powder

2 - 3.1 oz. Ivory Soap (any soap will work) Use a knife to cut into shavings.
1 cup Borax
1 cup Washing Soda (make sure it’s washing soda not baking soda!)
Process in a food processor.
2 tbsp for a large load.
Now a few been there done that tips:
~once you process it in your food processor do not put your food processor bowl in your dishwasher. DO NOT. This will result in a funny noise coming from your dishwasher and bubbles and bubbles and bubbles everywhere. It was not a good thing.
~I wash almost always in cold water. I felt that the powder did not break down as well. I do have your old standard top loading washer though. A great friend has a front loader and I think the powder worked best for her though.
~Still economical but not quite as cheap as making the liquid. I found that I got a lot more bang for my buck with the liquid. The liquid lasts SO SO long.
:-) Happy Healthy Home to you….saving all those pennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment