Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Homemade Hot Fudge

I promised recipes and I have been slacking off! As you know we homeschool and I’ve been having to re-evaluate our learning tools (curriculum!)  and blogging has gotten put on the back burner. Only so much computer time and I’ve been researching instead of blogging right now. :-)
So without further a-do…
HOMEMADE HOT FUDGE
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups water
1-2 tsp. vanilla
Mix all ingredients EXCEPT VANILLA, into a medium saucepan. Stir constantly and bring to a boil. Lower heat and continue stirring for 8 minutes on a low boil/simmer.
Remove from burner and add 1-2 tsp vanilla.
Cool a bit…then drizzle over anything you can think of! :-)
Store in refrigerator. This makes quite a bit which is nice. I don’t know how long to tell you it will keep for ~~ it never lasts THAT long in our house!
I have had this recipe for years and really don’t know where it came from so I can’t give credit. And gasp! This one I haven’t tweaked at all. Surprising hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment