Sunday, January 2, 2011

Luigi's Sunrise Scramble

Today is Luigi's birthday so it was time for some special cooking. Luigi joined us for a brunch featuring:

Luigi's Sunrise Scramble
Funkuchen
Luigi's Peaches Melba


The Funkuchen recipe can be found here.

For Luigi's Peaches Melba I used one of my premade frozen peach pie fillings. I baked it at 375 for about an hour when I set it out to cool I threw in 1 cup of frozen blueberries and mixed it all together.
(I'm not sure but I think Luigi might have put some whipped cream on top of his.)

And Luigi's Sunrise Scramble turned out wonderful! The kids all raved "it's a keeper!!" So here is my original all mine recipe. :-)
14 Eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 lb. Farmland Original Pork Sausage
1 large onion
1 Can of Dei Fratelli Italian Chopped Tomatoes, drained and rinsed
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese

In a large skillet brown off pork sausage. When nicely browned, lay a paper towel on a plate and transfer meat to plate. (to soak up grease) Set aside. Chop up large onion and saute' in same skillet. Transfer to meat plate, set aside.
Crack eggs into a large bowl add milk and wisk until smooth. Add to skillet and scramble them up. When scrambled add in meat and onion. Stir together. Then add in tomatoes and cheese and stir together until nice and hot.

This fed 6 with leftovers for 5 for supper. :-)

The taste is "mmmmm good".

For a printable recipe of Luigi's Sunrise Scramble click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment