Thursday, June 23, 2011

Taco Seasoning

It's been many years since I've bought any flavor or spice packets. In fact, I've kind of forgotten that many recipes call for those packets. 

While listening to someone recently, who is needing to make major dietary changes, it reminded me of all that I have learned and all the recipes I have accumulated and it's about time I started getting more posted on here! :-)

Making changes from processed, convenience foods isn't easy. You have to baby step it or you will go crazy. Learn how to change a favorite recipe and make it healthier...this is really easy to do but it does take a little thought, time and research. 

I hope you find some helpful recipes and tips here. I certainly have been there done that. It's become so second nature to me that I don't even think of it anymore...so thus why I needed reminding on sharing simple things like making your own Mexican/Taco mix! 

Mexican Seasoning
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. oregano
1 tbsp. onion flakes
1 tsp. garlic salt or powder (if you are watching salt...make it powder !)

Mix well. You can use a blender but don't have to. Store in an air tight container.
2 1/2 tbsp = about the amount of a "packet" but adjust according to your taste.

This can be used for taco's or anything Mexican. You could even throw it in sour cream/mayo to make a taco type dip.

Don't get scared off...see how easy this was? Don't let those spices scare you! Your local grocery store carries them and if you are a Costco member that is a great place to get spices (often organic) for a great price. 

Did you try this recipe? Are you going to? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment